What is a Martingale Collar?
Martingale collars is a type of dog collar commonly used in sight hound breeds due to their unusual head and neck size. When the dog pulls on the lead, the collar tightens reducing the risk of your pet slipping out of their collar. The limited slip design ensures the collar does not over tighten and can be adjusted to the natural weight fluctuations / growth of your dog over time. Due to these factors, the Martingale is now becoming more and more popular with all breeds as it is an effective and useful training tool.
How do I measure my dog for a collar?
How much is postage and packaging?
UK is a £1.85 standard / £4.50 Signed For via Royal Mail 1st Class service. Remote areas do not incur additional charges.
The EU is £4.40 standard / £8.75 Signed For
USA and Canada is £5.95 / £9.75 Tracked - please note, packages do not have tracking as standard.
Australia and New Zealand is £5.95 / £9.75 Signed For
*Please be aware of any customs/tax charge you may be liable for within your country*
When will my new collar arrive?
Your new Skyefrog collar is made to order especially for you. We aim to have your collar made and ready for posting within 14 days. We use Royal Mail which has a 1 day delivery aim within the UK. Rest of the world varies but from point of postage Royal Mail International Service has a 5 - 21 day delivery aim. We will of course keep you up to date on the progress of your order. We happily ship worldwide and complete any required customs forms.
Can I return my order?
Absolutely! We accept returns if the item is completely unused and returned within 14 days. Any postage cost is non refundable and you will be responsible for return postage fees. We're sorry but we cannot accept returns on custom design orders. Refunds will be issued on return of the item.
Do you make leashes?
Due to demand, we are working hard to design a new range of leashes which we hope to have available over Spring 2019. These will include colourful ombre graduated dyed rope leashes and leather fabric combination leashes. Watch this space!
What about custom design orders?
We are happy to help with custom orders or variation in design. We can easily do combinations of most things you see on the website. Would you rather a smart tweed collar but with a funky colourful lining? No problem. Just let us know. This is at no additional charge as the collars are made from scratch so we are happy to adapt. We are able to cater for wedding collars and leads sets, dog show events and can accommodate most sizes. We recently completed a martingale collar for a whippet pup with a 7" neck size. Our smallest to date!
If your dog is suddenly without a collar for whatever reason, we will prioritise your order. If you need a collar urgently for events such as dog shows or competitions please contact us to discuss your requirements and we will do our best to accommodate.
What collar styles do you have?
We offer side release buckle collars, Martingales and House collars. Side release collars are traditional dog collars that are made with a side release buckle which clip and unclip and are fully adjustable. Medium and large collars are 25mm wide and small collars are 20mm wide. The buckles we use are high quality metal buckles with matching silver hardware.
Martingale collars are perfect for everyday leash walking. Our Skyefrog collars are 1.5" wide as standard but we have added an option to upgrade to 2" here. These do not have a side release so it is important you order a collar that is large enough that it can slip over your dogs head. These have a D ring to attach your leash to.
House collars are collars that are worn as everyday collars in the house or garden and are used primarily to hold ID tags. These do not have the reducing loop of a martingale but are fully adjustable. Again, these are slipped over the head and are simply adjusted back down to the correct size. House collars are 1.5" wide as standard and fitted with a lightweight D ring for tags.
How do I care for my Skyefrog Collar?
It is recommended that collars are hand washed in cool water before being left to dry naturally. Harris Tweed, although hard wearing, should be hand washed with a wool specific detergent and again left to dry naturally. Do not tumble dry. If severe soiling occurs (in the case of your dog rolling in poo...) collars can be soaked in warm water to rinse the mess out, popped in a sock or pillowcase and washed in the washing machine on a low temperature or wool setting. It's not recommended that side release buckled collars are put in the washing machine due to risk of damage to both collar and the machine.
As with any collar, please check for signs of wear and tear and do not use if you notice any weaknesses. Skyefrog collars are triple stitched at stress points - your dogs safety and comfort is our main priority but it is your responsibility to ensure the suitability of an item. Never leave a collared or clothed dog alone or while crated to minimise any risk. We cannot be held liable for any loss or damage caused by the use of our products. Please note, it is also a legal requirement in the UK to have your dog micro-chipped. More information here.
If you have any other questions please contact Skyefrog here. We aim to reply within 24hrs.
1. INFORMATION I COLLECT
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom collar, for example), if you contact me directly.
2. WHY I NEED YOUR INFORMATION & HOW I USE IT
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services.
3. INFORMATION SHARING & DISCLOSURE
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
- Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU. I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
4. YOUR RIGHTS
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Apart from exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
5. HOW TO CONTACT ME
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Donna Duggan, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may email me at: email@example.com